These rankings are purely subjective and reflect Extra Innings’ thoughts. Only teams that have played will factor into the power rankings. We will update them regularly. Check previous editions here.
- Cuba (3-1): Got upset by the Netherlands, but their pitching is better than expected and their bats are legendary.
- Dominican Republic (1-0): Their lineup is otherworldly, and they might just have enough pitching.
- Japan (3-1): A good win versus a tough Taiwan may be what they need to get going.
- Netherlands (3-1): Another day, more honkbal magic in an upset over Cuba.
- Chinese Taipei (2-2): Unlucky versus Japan, and will have to rebound against Cuba.
- Italy (2-0): An even bigger surprise than the Dutch, Italy crushed Canada and beat México’s Sergio Romo in the ninth.
- Puerto Rico (1-0): Solid opener versus Spain, but tough test with Venezuela is next.
- Mexico (1-1): Upset the U.S., but might just be Adrián González and Yovani Gallardo.
- USA (0-1): Got stunned by México, but Gallardo is an ace on any staff. Come back tomorrow.
- Korea (2-1): Still smarting from their tiebreaker elimination.
- Venezuela (0-1): Overwhelmed by the Dominicans and will have to make a statement against Puerto Rico.
- Canada (0-1): Embarrassed by Italy, but the offence might save them.
- Brazil (0-3): Came awfully close to going 3-0, but bullpen did not have the depth.
- Spain (0-1): Shook off jitters after first inning against Puerto Rico, but will need some hits.
- Australia (0-3): Very poor showing for a ragtag group of minor leaguers with international experience.
- China (1-2): Could not hit at all (.146 average) and only had a couple serviceable arms, but got really lucky.
How would you rank the teams?