After a massive win by the Dominican Republic, there is little doubt that they are tournament’s most well-rounded team. Can they defeat the equally hot Japanese or the magic of the Netherlands to claim the world title? And will the U.S. have more to say on the matter? Check previous editions here and look for a new chart tomorrow!
- Dominican Republic (5-0): Has a huge showdown with the United States tomorrow. Is their pitching better than the U.S.’?
- Japan (5-1): Japan had a more difficult time with the Netherlands this time, didn’t need to bring their ‘A’ game.
- Netherlands (4-3): Another loss to Japan, though they are missing three players. Will they get a chance at a third game? And does Jurickson Profar get them there?
- Cuba (4-2): Víctor Mesa must be having a fit after another Dutch loss to Japan, knows he had one of the top three lineups.
- USA (3-2): Everyone expects the U.S. to play for the world title, but will they even be around to contest it?
- Puerto Rico (3-2): Cannot seem to score runs and Carlos Beltrán doesn’t look like he’s trying that hard.
- Chinese Taipei (2-3): Taiwan could easily be two spots lower, but keep their ranking because they advanced.
- Italy (2-3): Italy’s fairytale ended with their best pitcher sitting in the bullpen. Would they be No. 6 if Grilli had shut down Puerto Rico?
- Canada (1-2): Certainly has the talent, but the pitching staff did not give them much of a chance.
- Mexico (1-2): Has to qualify for 2017. How easy will MLB make their bracket? South Africa, a European team, and who else?
- Korea (2-1): Still smarting from their tiebreaker elimination.
- Venezuela (1-2): Well, they won a game and Cabrera hit a home run. Not much else to say.
- Spain (0-3): Looked very solid, and it’s a pity the team was really a Caribbean team with a token Spaniard.
- Brazil (0-3): Came awfully close to going 3-0, but bullpen did not have the depth.
- Australia (0-3): Very poor showing for a ragtag group of minor leaguers with international experience.
- China (1-2): Could not hit at all (.146 average) and only had a couple serviceable arms, but got really lucky.
How would you rank the teams?