Just one game today, but it was a huge one, with Netherlands walking off against Cuba. Check previous editions here and look for an updated chart tomorrow with three games!
- Japan (4-1): Japan looking like the team to beat out of the Asian pools.
- Dominican Republic (3-0): Gets to face Italy in its first game of the second round, licks lips in anticipation.
- Netherlands (4-2): Has a history of beating Cuba in big games and adds another massive win to the list and qualifies for the final. Not the third-best team, but somehow getting the job done.
- Cuba (4-2): Could not finish off the Dutch despite setting several hitting records, ruining a very good chance at another world title.
- USA (2-1): The Americans have a tough draw against Puerto Rico in round two, but welcome Gio González.
- Puerto Rico (2-1): A matchup with the U.S. is a must-watch.
- Italy (2-1): A well-rested Italian team will have to keep their run together against the mighty Dominicans.
- Chinese Taipei (2-3): Taiwan could easily be two spots lower, but keep their ranking because they advanced.
- Canada (1-2): Certainly has the talent, but the pitching staff did not give them much of a chance.
- Mexico (1-2): Has to qualify for 2017. How easy will MLB make their bracket? South Africa, a European team, and who else?
- Korea (2-1): Still smarting from their tiebreaker elimination.
- Venezuela (1-2): Well, they won a game and Cabrera hit a home run. Not much else to say.
- Spain (0-3): Looked very solid, and it’s a pity the team was really a Caribbean team with a token Spaniard.
- Brazil (0-3): Came awfully close to going 3-0, but bullpen did not have the depth.
- Australia (0-3): Very poor showing for a ragtag group of minor leaguers with international experience.
- China (1-2): Could not hit at all (.146 average) and only had a couple serviceable arms, but got really lucky.
How would you rank the teams?