These rankings are purely subjective and reflect Extra Innings’ thoughts. Only teams that have played will factor into the power rankings. We will update them regularly.
- Cuba (3-0): Slugged their way through the first round and clearly the team to beat.
- Japan (2-1): No offence so far, but doesn’t strike out a lot and pitching is the best in Pool A or B.
- Chinese Taipei (2-1): Great contact hitters, gets the job done overall. Might actually have a shot in the second round.
- Netherlands (2-1): Young, talented, and unpredictable, they have thin pitching but great athleticism.
- Korea (2-1): Aging team that should have done better, but bats were silent.
- Brazil (0-3): Came awfully close to going 3-0, but bullpen did not have the depth.
- Australia (0-3): Very poor showing for a ragtag group of minor leaguers with international experience.
- China (1-2): Could not hit at all (.146 average) and only had a couple serviceable arms, but got really lucky.
How would you rank the teams?